Tuesday, May 21, 2002


Hmm.

Well, you know me duckies. When I say 'hmm' like that you know something's going in my head. Anyway.

We were on our way to Divisoria yesterday to pick up new clothes and stuff like that. But then my mom doesn't know the way so we had to go to my Tita Nida to ask how someone got to Divisoria. (I swear. The woman has no sense of direction. She's been to Divi countless times. It's just funny.)

So anyway, we left Tita's house all confident, but I was a little apprehensive, but I kept my mouth shut.

And then Mom said something about a 'central bridge'. There was, like, one bridge in the place, so I guess that was it, 'coz, well, what's in front of you is center, right?

But my Mom was going "Anak, mali 'ata... oo nga, mali nga... ay, hindi, ewan". (I think it's wrong... yes, we went the wrong way... no, wait, we didn't...") And I was like "uh-oh".

Lo and behold. When we reached the end of the bridge we had gotten to..... CHINATOWN.

Yes, folks. We got to Binondo, Manila, and NOT Divisoria.

My mom was speechless when I uttered mindlessly, "Ma, 'di ba Chinatown 'to??" (Ma, isn't this Chinatown?)

Laughed my head off. But at least I did get my clothes. (Rode a pedicab to Tutuban) And I finally got to see Ongpin. The place was crawling with Filipino-Chinese (duh?). And all the red and the dragons and the Chinese, the CHINESE!!

On a sad note, the place reminded me so much of Allan. I miss him.

=(



7:16 PM
will you catch me when I fall? :: |




this girl
named Ekai Ungson
find here
or here
or here
or here


listen to the static
"Wonder" - Megan McCauley
"Everyone is Wrong" - The Donnas
"You and Me" - Lifehouse
"Blind" - Lifehouse
"Lonely No More" - Rob Thomas
"Akap" - Imago
"The Difference" - Matchbox Twenty
"Extraordinary" - Liz Phair


Tagboard

angel wings
George
Joy
Candy
Nikki
Lance
Bryan
Alec
Kramer
Elbert
Sean
Randy
Mike
Sacha
Clair
Charo
M. Connie
Marlon
Ka Edong
Ava
Ken
LWS

adoring
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iBlog


Who Links Here

credit is where credit's due
Knocking
Minitokyo
Blogskins

Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com