Sunday, April 27, 2003


Name: Hikari Aikawa Ungson; Location: Tokyo, Japan

so, here i am. picking up pieces of myself i thought i'd leave behind here, forever. back to nihongo, 24/7. back to being the gaijin. the streets outside are vibrating with all the untapped life. and here i am, in a room that i last saw when i was eleven, and has never changed since then. half my life resides in this place, dormant, and in my hurry to run, in my hurry to wake, i forgot about this place.

the plane landed sometime around five yesterday. when i got to obaasan's, i went to my room and slept the day away. only when i woke myself up later that i saw that my room hadn't changed a bit. the same pink walls surround me, the same pictures hang on the walls, and the same curtains fall over my bed by the window, and the streets below are the same, they're just the same. they bring back memories of kidhood-- of walking to the subway station to get to school, of stopping by Kamigai-san's shop to get candy, of asking Obaasan for more money so i can get Yuusuke-kun adn Tomomi-chan _more_candy, of my family, of past lives. half my life, here, rushing up to meet me in a blur of faces and places.

what now? i suppose college is good, but i don't think i'd want to spend my life living with people three years(?) older than i am. maybe get into the local gakuen again with yuusuke-tachi, reacquaint my nihongo with the rest of the world. i shall strike fear in the hearts of the Japanese! ^-^ nothing serious, nothing life-threatening, folks, i'm just trying to get a life here.

i feel like being merely here makes my life ridiculously, criminally simple. i feel lighter, like weights have been taken off my chest.

i can exist here.

speaking of yuusuke-kun, he and i are going off to tokyo disneyland in a few.

this should be fun.



10:36 PM
will you catch me when I fall? :: |




this girl
named Ekai Ungson
find here
or here
or here
or here


listen to the static
"Wonder" - Megan McCauley
"Everyone is Wrong" - The Donnas
"You and Me" - Lifehouse
"Blind" - Lifehouse
"Lonely No More" - Rob Thomas
"Akap" - Imago
"The Difference" - Matchbox Twenty
"Extraordinary" - Liz Phair


Tagboard

angel wings
George
Joy
Candy
Nikki
Lance
Bryan
Alec
Kramer
Elbert
Sean
Randy
Mike
Sacha
Clair
Charo
M. Connie
Marlon
Ka Edong
Ava
Ken
LWS

adoring
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iBlog


Who Links Here

credit is where credit's due
Knocking
Minitokyo
Blogskins

Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com