Friday, May 23, 2003


And finally, this:

I never really try to attempt poetry. Or songwriting, because I suck at both. This is quite simply a collection of every single phrase I've been hearing for the past two days. I've found that if I write them down they go away, eventually.

I think I should have known that this thing was doomed from the beginning
because you like Lavigne and I loathe her
but I believed in it
so I'm going to stop believing.

At least for now.


Sleep to Dream
An attempt. Note, only attempting.

it's five in the morning, boy
what do you want from me?
don't you still understand the
meaning of "leave me alone"?

let's be a bit more specific, then
"leave me the hell alone"

(the closest i have come
to asking anything from you
is not asking you
to leave me alone)

it's five in the morning
and i'm taking a good long look at a rising sun
and a good long look inside myself
because i can't find the strength to sleep to dream today

it's five in the morning
i've been tossing and turning for the past seven hours
i wonder, then, if you're asleep
and if you are, how can you be

how can you sleep when
you've broken my heart again?

it's five in the morning
i remember those words
"go find yourself, Kai"; echoing inside
and now i can't find the strength to sleep to dream today

at five in the morning
i wonder why i always believed you were right
wonder why i ran a thousand miles away
believed i was so wrong- was i wrong?

and if i wasn't?
why the hell did you make me think so

it's five in the morning
i remember exactly you told me to go
and i left, and then you told me to come back
because of that, i can't find the strength to sleep to dream today

it's five in the morning
and too many things are drilling at my head
and too many voices demand they be heard
"you wanted me here and you wanted me not
you pushed me away and then begged me to come back
you wanted to slow down but you're the one i can't catch up to
you wanted less but you never let me go
go find myself but how do you look for something you already have
you've broken my heart once, but i'm still here
now i'm here and we're back where we started"

by you

what the hell do you want?
do you even know?

it's five in the morning
and i understand now
i think i get it now
i don't need sleep to dream my life away

at five in the morning
i suddenly realize
by making me jump off a cliff you did me good
but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt me

stop making me run around in circles with you
because i can't go nowhere forever

it's five in the morning
and you still don't get it, do you?
well, i do. i know exactly where to go
the direction i'm taking points "away from you"

it's five in the morning
i've given your soul back, haven't i?
that piece you said that left with me
that's it, i guess
i can move from here, now
i've done what i came to do


and now maybe i can find the strength

to sleep to dream today
to lay in the dark and pray

(do i really need to sleep to dream
when i'm awake it feels like dreaming anyway)

for the deliverance of my soul

i love you

and i can fight for you
only if you fight back

you think you need me
think you want me
you know, right?
you're doing this because i love you
and that's why you love me back

and that's a lie

so figure it out
maybe stay awake

'til five in the morning

since you're the one who can sleep to dream today.



12:07 AM
will you catch me when I fall? :: |




this girl
named Ekai Ungson
find here
or here
or here
or here


listen to the static
"Wonder" - Megan McCauley
"Everyone is Wrong" - The Donnas
"You and Me" - Lifehouse
"Blind" - Lifehouse
"Lonely No More" - Rob Thomas
"Akap" - Imago
"The Difference" - Matchbox Twenty
"Extraordinary" - Liz Phair


Tagboard

angel wings
George
Joy
Candy
Nikki
Lance
Bryan
Alec
Kramer
Elbert
Sean
Randy
Mike
Sacha
Clair
Charo
M. Connie
Marlon
Ka Edong
Ava
Ken
LWS

adoring
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iBlog


Who Links Here

credit is where credit's due
Knocking
Minitokyo
Blogskins

Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com