Thursday, May 01, 2003


Girl on a Mission

Funny thing. Been running through a series of old journals from way back a million years, when I had stupid, frumpy hair, and loser fashion sense. Evolution DOES things to you. I look at myself, from back then, and then I stare at the mirror now.

I'm not the same.

And the even funnier thing about it is that people insist on making me change. Somewhat reasonable, if the only thing constant in this world is change. In any case, as true to thirteen-year-old goddess form: I don't get it. If people keep changing, and other people keep telling them to change anyway, and they do, then do the people asking for change finally stop asking for change, or do they keep asking for change because that's what they do?

Araaa. I think I have a headache, now.

[end of waxing philosophic question]

It's hot outside. I wouldn't know because I'm in my airconditioned room but I should suppose it's pretty damn hot because the aircon's on max and I still don't feel chilly. And I chill easily. Plus, Yuusuke-kun just bounded into my room a few minutes ago, and I could swear to God that he looked like a tomato. I am not joking. Note to self: Japanese guys should not be left out in the sun.

Yesterday, after that somewhat pseudo-rant I had, Obaasan and I went to the temple. The place was dead quiet. We rang the bell and put some coins and got our fortunes read. Mine said something like "the water is clearer only when the moon shines through it". I didn't get it, but Obaasan said it was chukichi anyway. (Chukichi, I think, means good/excellent fortune)

Then I sat on the steps while Obaasan talked to the monk person who handled the temple. The silence wasn't deafening. Usually, I don't like sitting without noise or music or chatter. The silence there was like peace, running over me and through me.

And I was reminded of death, and of dreaming, and of slumber.

---

Social pluggage:

Maia, Noey, Oniichan, Oneesama, Les.

Araaaaa. It's been a whole week, almost.

I almost can't believe it, myself.






9:29 PM
will you catch me when I fall? :: |




this girl
named Ekai Ungson
find here
or here
or here
or here


listen to the static
"Wonder" - Megan McCauley
"Everyone is Wrong" - The Donnas
"You and Me" - Lifehouse
"Blind" - Lifehouse
"Lonely No More" - Rob Thomas
"Akap" - Imago
"The Difference" - Matchbox Twenty
"Extraordinary" - Liz Phair


Tagboard

angel wings
George
Joy
Candy
Nikki
Lance
Bryan
Alec
Kramer
Elbert
Sean
Randy
Mike
Sacha
Clair
Charo
M. Connie
Marlon
Ka Edong
Ava
Ken
LWS

adoring
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iBlog


Who Links Here

credit is where credit's due
Knocking
Minitokyo
Blogskins

Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com