Sunday, July 13, 2003


Scream If You Wanna Go Faster

I got drunk the other night. Took advantage of a lucky break, I suppose. Chairman paid, Trin took us to a Malate hotspot, I was with my very best friends (Sis. Hibiki. AJ. Reni. Kat.), and best of all, my parents and siblings had gone for the weekend to check in, again, at the Shangri La Hotel for another of 'Touchan's conferences. That's his job now, as President of the Medical Association, to check into swanky hotels and get first class accomodations. There's the occasional seminar, but what the heck, right?

The last (first, too) time I got drunk I made out with a guy who had an intense crush on my very best friend. After the incident, he left for the United States, and when he returned, he and I never spoke again. I had conveniently exited DLSU by then and he and I have no more contact.

I heard someplace that people have drinking complexes-- things they do when they get drunk, or at the very least woozy. Chiara once told me that alcohol either acted as truth serum or courage potion. In any case, I've discovered what my drinking complex is:

When I drink and get woozy, I tend to clamp onto the guy I like best within my immediate vicinity.

Which would be none other than Reni, who was, somewhat conveniently, seated right next to me.

I've come to realize, once the alcohol went down and the world made sense-- well, not sense, how about this, then: when the world returned with sharper edges than before, that I am either very foolish or just ridiculously brave. I made out with a guy who has a girlfriend-- a little fact I came to conveniently forget because hey, it's alcohol and no, I am not sorry. I must admit that sometimes I deliberately forget certain aspects of a situation to fit them to my convenience.

"I am a woman who does not repent". I do not regret my actions but I do rethink them, and then do things to rectify situations afterward. Which is why I'm going to give myself a few paces' distance away from Reni-- because even if he says he does not love the girl, the fact remains that he is still with her.

Still a simple enough viewpoint, if you ask me. The best thing about my life right now is that everything, for the most part, has straightforward solutions. Sort of.

Cheers.


11:08 PM
will you catch me when I fall? :: |




this girl
named Ekai Ungson
find here
or here
or here
or here


listen to the static
"Wonder" - Megan McCauley
"Everyone is Wrong" - The Donnas
"You and Me" - Lifehouse
"Blind" - Lifehouse
"Lonely No More" - Rob Thomas
"Akap" - Imago
"The Difference" - Matchbox Twenty
"Extraordinary" - Liz Phair


Tagboard

angel wings
George
Joy
Candy
Nikki
Lance
Bryan
Alec
Kramer
Elbert
Sean
Randy
Mike
Sacha
Clair
Charo
M. Connie
Marlon
Ka Edong
Ava
Ken
LWS

adoring
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iBlog


Who Links Here

credit is where credit's due
Knocking
Minitokyo
Blogskins

Blogger



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com